Links

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Content Management Systems

So to start off this post, I will just tell you all now that PhantasyGames is gone. It has been scrapped for a few reasons of the owner. But now we're working on an Aion fansite. At the start of PhantasyGames I started building a custom PHP framework for everything. It slowed down the development process exponentially. So I started looking into some prebuild Content Management Systems, or CMS.

Basically a CMS is an easy way to add in a bunch of features like article posting and a user system with prebuild modules. The appeal to this is that they can be skinned. You can still use your custom design, but paired with this back-end. It makes the development process go by much faster.

I would not use a CMS for any project, but for this one it seems to fit. I will definitely link to the new site once we have it up and running, and I am basically considering PhantasyGames to be a learning experience in general. It was fun while it lasted, and I learned a ton, but I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment